GoAccess is an open source real-time web log analyzer and interactive viewer that runs in a terminal in *nix systems. It provides fast and valuable HTTP statistics for system administrators that require a visual server report on the fly.
GoAccess parses the specified web log file and outputs the data to the X terminal.
- General statistics, bandwidth, etc.
- Time taken to serve the request (useful to track pages that are slowing down your site)
- Top visitors
- Requested files & static files
- 404 or Not Found
- Hosts, Reverse DNS, IP Location
- Operating Systems
- Browsers and Spiders
- Referring Sites & URLs
- Geo Location - Continent/Country/City
- Visitors Time Distribution New
- HTTP Status Codes
- Ability to output JSON and CSV
- Different Color Schemes
- Support for large datasets + data persistence
- Support for IPv6
- Output statistics to HTML. See report
- and more...
GoAccess allows any custom log format string. Predefined options include, but not limited to:
- Amazon CloudFront (Download Distribution).
- Apache/Nginx Common/Combined + VHosts
- W3C format (IIS)
The main idea behind GoAccess is being able to quickly analyze and view web server statistics in real time without having to generate an HTML report. Although it is possible to generate an
CSVreport, by default it outputs to a terminal.
You can see it more as a monitor command tool than anything else.