Tails is a live operating system, that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card. It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity, and helps you to:
- use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship;all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network;
- leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly;
- use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 1.3, is out.
Electrum is an easy to use bitcoin wallet. You can use the Bitcoin Client persistence feature to store your Electrum configuration and wallet.
The Tor Browser has additional operating system and data security. This security restricts reads and writes to a limited number of folders. Learn how to manipulate files with the new Tor Browser.
The obfs4 pluggable transport is now available to
connect to Tor bridges. Pluggable transports transform the Tor traffic
between the client and the bridge to help disguise Tor traffic from
Keyringer lets you manage and share secrets using OpenPGP and Git from the command line.
Upgrades and changes
- The Mac and Linux manual installation processes no longer require the
isohybridcommand. Removing the
isohybridcommand simplifies the installation.
- The tap-to-click and two-finger scrolling trackpad settings are now enabled by default. This should be more intuitive for Mac users.
- The Ibus Vietnamese input method is now supported.
- Improved support for OpenPGP smartcards through the installation of GnuPG 2.
There are numerous other changes that may not be apparent in the daily operation of a typical user. Technical details of all the changes are listed in the Changelog.