The Tor software protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location, and it lets you access sites which are blocked.
The Tor Browser lets you use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any software. It can run off a USB flash drive, comes with a pre-configured web browser to protect your anonymity, and is self-contained.
Here is the complete changelog:
- All Platforms
- Update Firefox to 24.7.0esr
- Update obfsproxy to 0.2.12
- Update FTE to 0.2.17
- Update NoScript to 126.96.36.199
- Update HTTPS Everywhere to 3.5.3
- Bug 12673: Update FTE bridges
- Update Torbutton to 188.8.131.52
- Bug 10819: Bind new third party isolation pref to Torbutton security UI
- Bug 9268: Fix some window resizing corner cases with DPI and taskbar size.
- Bug 11102: Set Window Class to "Tor Browser" to aid in Desktop navigation
- Bug 12249: Don't create PT debug files anymore